Anthony is a trusted and experienced senior attorney who has considerable expertise advising on a broad range of cross-border commercial and finance transactions, covering syndicated lending, real estate, corporate finance, commercial contracts, restructurings and UK, US and EU financial regulations. He also provides legal and commercial strategy services to technology start-ups.
Anthony has practiced at top-tier international law firms and financial institutions in the UK and Australia including ANZ, HSBC, Nomura, Freshfields and Hogan Lovells. Clients have included RBS, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, Hewlett Packard, General Electric, Credit Suisse, Lloyds, Pearson Group, Barclays and BlueScope Steel among others.
His most recent role was as a senior legal consultant with HSBC, London, advising its corporate lending and leveraged finance teams. He also advised key senior stakeholders in relation to group wide regulatory projects, including Brexit and Ring Fence Bank contingency planning.
Anthony brings the benefit of highly transferable commercial and legal skills to any engagement.
- Leading multi-million dollar international commercial and banking transactions including management and oversight of team members and external counsel;
- Negotiation, execution and transaction/project management skills ensuring successful completion of transactions on time and within budget;
- Performing in-depth analysis for senior stakeholders to identify potential legal, regulatory and commercial risks and to implement and execute mitigation solutions to address such risks;
- A strong track record of advising senior management, including CEOs and Boards of Directors;
- Collaborative and flexible management style that allows for the input of others; and
- Highly-motivated, success-oriented and entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Legal Documentation, Negotiation & Execution of Commercial and Finance Contracts
- Commercial Strategy and Internal operations
- Finance/Banking Law
- Regulatory, Risk & Compliance
- Transaction & Project Management
- Client Relationship and Business Development
- Budget Administration, Cost Containment
- Management of External Counsel
- Drafting Internal Policies and Procedures
- Tech Start-up Advisory
: Qualified to practice as a lawyer in the UK and Australia.
: EU, UK, Australia & USA.