Beale & Company
City of London
James is a partner at Beale & Company specialising in advising startups, tech and media clients. He is listed as a Rising Star for M&A in Super Lawyers 2015.
James trained at Beale & Company and qualified in 2003. He then worked at international firm Pinsent Masons, before returning to Beale & Company in 2006. A partner since 2011, James provides a broad range of services to startups and technology companies:
• Company incorporation and corporate structure
• Shareholders’ agreements
• LLP/partnership agreements
• Registration and exploitation of intellectual property – trade marks, copyright and domain names
• Advice on seed capital investment/crowdfunding
• Advice on directors’ duties and corporate governance
As you grow
• Commercial agreements with customers, businesses and third parties
• Provision of a contract management system
• T&Cs/Privacy Policies for websites
• Advice on data protection, cyber liability and regulatory requirements
• Tech contracts – software licensing, SaaS agreements, IPR licensing, outsourcing
Corporate transactions and exits
• Assistance with finding an exit
• Acquisitions and sales of companies
• Private equity investment
• Setting up and operating a deal room
• Due diligence assistance
• Negotiation of M&A documentation – Heads of Terms, SPA, ancillary documents
Beale & Company is a commercial law firm, with specialist experience in the technology, construction, engineering, professions and insurance sectors. It has offices in London, Bristol, Dublin and Dubai. It is rated as a Leading Firm in Chambers UK and the Legal 500. Find out more at http://www.beale-law.com.
James gave very clear and practical advice. He was friendly and approachable. Very responsive. I would highly recommend and my company will use again.
James managed the sale of our business Provalve Ltd. The way in which he conducted himself was ultimately professional, very knowledgable and we found comfort with him in what was a difficult deal process. We would have no hesitation in recommending James to anybody requiring corporate law support.
James provided me with a great deal of confidence in dealing with a very sensitive and upsetting incident for myself. I never doubted that the advice given was sound - and based upon a good in depth knowledge of this particular field. This kind of service isn't cheap - but, I needed to have clarity and certainty with regard to a life changing event for myself and, the outcome was, in my view, successful.
A sale process had been agreed for our small Aviation Services company. Following an introduction to James Hutchinson of Beale & Company we quickly formed the view that James “spoke our language”. James Hutchinson “held our hands” throughout the sale process, including the closing day marathon working through the night to close the sale at 3 am in Beale & Company’s offices in London. I have no hesitation in recommending James Hutchinson. Rick Fieldwick Managing Director FlyerTech
James is very personal and knowledgeable. I felt the guidance he provided and the one meeting we had were both very helpful. I did feel that responsiveness while not poor was not excellent. I am building a small business so the pace of change is considerably faster than in large organisations.
It has been a pleasure to work with James in the process of selling our startup. He is thorough, conscientious and awesome, highlighting the key issues we need to be aware of in our negotiations and ensuring the legal process proceeds smoothly. Highly recommended.
James was very responsive and delivered his review of our contracts within the agreed timeframe. I appreciate his dealmaking attitude towards the issues in the contracts.