An intellectual property (IP) law specialist with many years of experience advising clients in retail, consumer rights, publishing and events businesses, both domestically and globally. That includes household names like Ancestry.co.uk; Superdrug; Which? Tesco Mobile and Net-a-Porter. I have also spent the last two years working with start-ups. I can help with strategic advice on the protection and enforcement of your existing rights and how to protect your new ideas, concepts and designs. If you need to understand how and if you can use third party brands as part of your business, I can guide you through that. My approach is to keep things straightforward for the client and take preventative steps where possible, to avoid issues in the future. In addition to IP law, I also have considerable experience advising on commercial contracts; marketing materials/claims; data protection and e-commerce.
Radius Law's mission is:
• To be the most commercially savvy. We believe this is often the missing X factor with professional services. When we advise we'll "nail our colours to the mast" and
say what we'd do if our name was above the door.
• To be inexpensive and at least 30% less than the competition. We get that it’s not just about cost but equally believe it’s insincere to suggest cost is not important.
• Technical expertise to match the best law firms.
• To continually innovate how we deliver legal services.
• To have integrity at the heart of everything we do. We debated about this one. Should it just be a hygiene factor and so obvious that it does not need a mention? We think it’s good to remind ourselves every day.
Kim is great – knowledgeable, a succinct communicator, easy to work with and has a penchant for plain English which puts many (not just in the legal profession!) to shame – I’d recommend her without hesitation or caveat.
Kim initially prepared a licence agreement for my software development business, guiding me through the many legal points that I needed to consider. Throughout the process, Kim was very professional, made time to carefully explain my options, and set my expectations for when each version would be completed. When I then needed to update and create a template agreement earlier this year, it was incredibly helpful to go back to her so that I didn't need to start again. Kim is clearly very experienced, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to use her services again.
Kim has been an invaluable source of knowledge and expertise throughout the start-up process. Her broad skill-base in supplier contracts, claims, packaging and advertising has resulted in smooth and efficient development of many areas of the company. Kim’s general business knowledge and enthusiasm has prompted rigour and problem-solving beyond the legal requirements of launching a new organisation. I would highly recommend Kim to any business – large or small.
Kim is very good at asking the right questions to properly understand your business challenge and your unique needs (which is not always the case!) From there she puts together a good working framework which allows room to discuss and ask questions of the draft work in order to finally end up with the best possible legal solution.