About their firm
Our clients rely on us to navigate the labyrinth of federal, state and local Employment Laws and the complexities of Employee Relations. Some have sophisticated HR departments and general counsel, but limited expertise in the nuances of employment law. We provide that expertise. Other clients are growing companies, or foreign companies doing business in the US, and are now subject to the numerous federal, state and city regulations. We bring them into compliance and help them develop and implement HR policies and procedures that save time and reduce exposure, so they can concentrate on growth. We emphasize prevention to avoid claims, or to be better positioned when claims do arise. We defend employment claims in all venues.
Value & Billing
- We are experienced, responsive, and firmly committed to excellence in all aspects of our practice. However, we understand the reality of today’s economic pressures – and have scheduled our fees commensurate with the financial demands placed on today’s businesses. As a result, we are extremely competitive in our cost and billing structure. This affords our clients the flexibility to rely on us as issues arise, rather than allowing them to compound or cause unnecessary risk, or become burdensome interruptions to the business.
- We have top tier firm and extensive in-house experience - so we understand and communicate well with HR and management and help them manage their workforce and control risk. We assist with a wide variety of general HR and traditional employment practice areas, and are skilled in diffusing difficult disciplinary issues, quickly and efficiently - to avoid wasting time and to prevent unnecessary exposure. Although HR compliance is a priority in reducing legal risk - and consequently costs - when matters become adversarial, we aggressively protect our clients' interests.
Employment Law, Employee Relations & Human Resources Solutions
Workplace Investigations (Nationwide)
- We are traditional labor & employment attorneys. We draft and update handbooks, conform policies and procedures for multi-jurisdictional (national or international) deployment, defend claims in all venues and handle HR issues as they arise, including position statements, problematic disciplinary situations, mass lay-offs and drafting union charges. In addition, we analyze compliance and potential employment exposure associated with corporate mergers, acquisitions, financing and restructuring, and liability relating to employees as creditors.
- We efficiently conduct workplace investigations when employees complain to management alleging EEO violations, and handle those involving the most convoluted and complex employment issues. Although most of our investigations take place in NY, NJ, Ct. and Ma, we perform independent workplace investigations nationwide, including Canada, and hotline assistants through our affiliation with Employment Practices Solutions ("EPS"), a national HR consulting firm consisting of 20+ highly accomplished Employment Attorneys. All investigations are conducted exclusively by experienced and highly credentialed employment attorneys.
Workplace Training Seminars (Nationwide) - Preventative Programming
- We offer an array of preventative training seminars that are tailored to each client's policies and their specific priorities and objectives. Examples include maintaining effective HR documentation, creating a respectful work environment, one-on-one coaching sessions, sensitivity training, anti-harassment and anti-discrimination programming and management coaching sessions.
- Preventative training programs are live at client's offices or via web conferencing for out of state or overseas employees. Training seminars are tailored to each client's policies and their specific priorities and objectives. Management and staff are generally trained separately with different materials. Because it is interactive, employees ask questions, which vastly improves their understanding of the laws and better able to identify and handle problematic situations. As a result, clients experience a lower risk of complaints and employment issues.
- Our partners have hundreds of hours of training experience, and are called upon to train other trainers. We personally conduct programming in NY, NJ, Ct, PA and MA, and offer nationwide programming and hotline assistants through our affiliation with Employment Practices Solutions ("EPS"). All programming is conducted exclusively by experienced and highly credentialed employment attorneys.