Hines & Co
I am a commercial/IT/IP lawyer with extensive experience of drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of commercial contracts (such as outsourcing contracts and franchise agreements), IT contracts and IP contracts. My legal practice has a particular focus on technology, e-commerce and data protection.
I graduated from London University with a first class degree. I trained with a top City law firm, Denton Wilde Sapte (now called Dentons) where I qualified in 2002. My previous legal experience includes working in-house in the financial services sector, working for global IT services companies/fintech companies and working for an international fashion retail company. My clients include Lloyds Banking Group plc, CSC, Yahoo!, Hays plc, Fujitsu, WorldPay and Smiths Group plc.
As a thought leader in my practice area, I regularly provide training to clients internally and to other lawyers externally, for example, I acted as co-presenter at Contract Law Update seminars organized by Informa/Falconbury and present seminars organised by the Society for Computers and Law, Thames Valley region. I also write articles for legal journals such as "Employment Law Journal" and "Tottel's Communications Law".
I currently provide consultancy services to several law firms including Simmons & Simmons and Lawyers on Demand.
I have particular expertise in the following: outsourcing (BPO and IT) agreements and managed services contracts;
- commercial contracts (agency/distribution/franchise agreements),
- IT contracts (software licences, consultancy agreements, frameworks, reseller agreements, teaming agreements, subcontracts, SAAS agreements, PAAS agreements and cloud contracts);
- terms and conditions of business for a variety of businesses such as recruiters, technology suppliers and marketing agencies;
- copyright/trade mark/patent licences, assignments and confidentiality agreements; advertising law, data protection and privacy;
- online terms and conditions, privacy statements and mobile application development agreements;
- digital marketing/online advertising; and
- freedom of information
Our lawyers are based outside London but can travel to or work in, any UK location as required for the convenience of the client. Because of advances in technology, our lawyers are easy to contact and flexible. Our lawyers aim to respond to clients as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours of being contacted. As we are primarily located outside London, our overheads are lower and for this reason, our charges are also lower than other firms located in London. We try to provide fixed fees for the services we provide and our costs are reasonable and clearly explained. Whether it is protecting your rights through a well-drafted contract or vindicating your rights through litigation, we can help. Further, we provide expert legal advice in commercial matters with a friendly approach for a small or medium-sized business.
We specialise in:
- Business and Commercial law
- Brand Licensing and Intellectual Property
- IT law
- Data privacy and freedom of information
- Advertising and Marketing law
- Digital media
Mahbuba is an outstanding results-oriented world-class lawyer. She has deep knowledge and experience of her legal profession and I have always found her to be very insightful and helpful. Highly recommended! Syed Mamnun Quader, Managing Director & CEO, Southtech Group