Choose your business immigration lawyer with confidence

Compare fixed fee quotes from specialist immigration lawyers.
Save 46% on average.

Get started

Business Immigration Law

Whether you’re a UK company hiring top talent from outside the EU, or you’re an entrepreneur setting up shop in the UK, you might consider getting professional legal advice with your visa application. As it can be a tricky process, getting a UK immigration solicitor to assist with the process can free up your time to work on the most important thing: running your business.

The visa categories that you are most likely to be interested in are as follows (more information below):

Let Lexoo match you with some of the top immigration solicitors in the UK. Simply tell us your needs and we’ll send you fixed fee quotes from a range of hand-picked immigration solicitors within 48 hours, for free.


2. Compare profiles and quotes

Get 3 handpicked quotes from
our legally trained team

3. Choose your lawyer

A free no obligation discussion
with our lawyers

Tier 1

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

If you’re a non-European, foreign national wishing to start up and run a business in the United Kingdom, the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa is the main ‘gateway’ for you to work and live in the UK. The entrepreneur visa lasts for up to 3 years and 4 months, beyond which you could also apply for an extension and eventually seek ‘indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK.

Not only are the rules complex, supplying the mountain of documentary evidence to support your application is a massive burden. Remember, you’ll also be relying on your investors and bankers to help you supply the paperwork, so knowing exactly what’s required is super important. You can read more about the process here.

Tier 1 (Investor)

You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK. Your funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions and free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK.

Under this visa, you can invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies. You can work or study, and you can apply to settle in the UK after 2 years if you invest £10 million. You can apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million.

Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur)

You can apply for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa if you are a graduate who has been officially endorsed as having a genuine and credible business idea.

You must be endorsed by either UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) as part of the elite global graduate entrepreneur programme (Sirius) or a UK higher education institution (HEI) if it’s an authorised endorsing body.

Under this visa, you can bring family members with you; extend your stay in the UK; and switch into this visa from some other visa categories. However, you can’t get public funds, work as a doctor or dentist in training, work as a professional sportsperson, or settle in the UK on this visa.

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)

You can apply for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if you’ve been endorsed in your field in science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology or the arts as:

Why you'll love Lexoo

Tier 2

Tier 2 (General)

Hiring the best talent can give your company an enormous edge. If you’re looking to hire someone from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, your best bet might be to sponsor them under the Tier 2 Sponsored Visa Scheme.

To do this, your company will first need a sponsor ‘licence’ from UK Border Agency, then meet a number of strict hiring and job requirements. There’s a tonne of paperwork and the rules are complex, but as a licenced sponsor you’ll be able to tap into a truly global workforce. You can read more about the process here.

Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)

You can apply for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa if your overseas employer has offered you a role in a UK branch of the organisation and you meet the other eligibility requirements.You would need to be sponsored (have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor) and your work in the UK needs to relate to the work of your sponsor organisation.

What our customers say

"I've always felt that a model like Lexoo's should work in legal. Lexoo enables us to connect with smart, effective lawyers that we wouldn't have been connected to before, and that absolutely helps our team achieve what we want to achieve."

Andrew Magowan

General Counsel

“Sometimes the legal world can be fairly overwhelming but Lexoo helped us to find the lawyer we needed, quickly and easily. Lexoo presented us with a selection of high calibre legal professionals who had the relevant skill sets.”

Lambro Anastasiou

Head of Finance

“Lexoo is a great way to source and engage quality lawyers, worldwide. We have used Lexoo for a variety of work, from getting quotes for one-off pieces of advice to helping us take on a 12 month maternity leave cover. Highly recommended!”

Katherine Chandler

General Counsel, EMEA

“Lexoo's impressive service allows our team to quickly find and work with quality lawyers in foreign jurisdictions without having to rely on international firms and their associated costs. Highly recommended!”

Sam Ross

Head of Legal

Lexoo offer a range of lawyers with different expertise in different geographies. We have used Lexoo for wide-ranging jobs e.g. Czech finance agreements, Colorado law employment matters, to California law corporate work, all at incredible rates compared to larger firms.

Alex Hoye


“I head up the legal team at babylon, and we’ve been using Lexoo to find lawyers for different areas of law including employment and data protection. We received quotes from sole practitioners, boutique firms and larger outfits, allowing us to find the right lawyer for our needs.”

Henry Bennett

Head of Legal

“An efficient, flexible solution for in-house lawyers. Lexoo quickly found us external support to help with our increasing workload. We were quickly matched with an ex-magic circle lawyer with tech experience. Great service!”

Francesca John

Senior Legal Counsel

“I have used Lexoo for ad hoc legal queries and have found their network of lawyers to be reliable and cost-effective."

James Paterson

Group Counsel

“I placed an enquiry on Lexoo, including a brief overview of our legal matter. Very quickly I received detailed quotes from three commercial property specialists. I was impressed with each lawyer’s credentials and felt confident that I would be in safe hands.”

Sarah Wiseby

Administrative Director

“As General Counsel of a regulated financial technology company I regularly rely on external counsel. The Lexoo lawyer we were introduced to is highly experienced, knowledgeable, responsive and within reach of our budget.”

Dorothy Delahunt

General Counsel

“Lexoo is an excellent resource for cost-conscious in-house legal teams. We rely on them for quick and effective introductions to high quality specialist lawyers.”

Julia Tarvin

General Counsel

“Lexoo saved us a lot of time and money. It gave me peace of mind knowing that Lexoo would only let specialised solicitors quote. Seeing multiple quotes gave me a real idea of what the normal price range is."

Evgeny Shadchnev

Founder and CEO

Let's get started

Get free quotes

Any questions, or just want to chat? Get in touch or call us on 020 3637 1323